Paralyses, Familial Periodic
"Paralyses, Familial Periodic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A heterogenous group of inherited disorders characterized by recurring attacks of rapidly progressive flaccid paralysis or myotonia. These conditions have in common a mutation of the gene encoding the alpha subunit of the sodium channel in skeletal muscle. They are frequently associated with fluctuations in serum potassium levels. Periodic paralysis may also occur as a non-familial process secondary to THYROTOXICOSIS and other conditions. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1481)
|Paralyses, Familial Periodic
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic
- Familial Periodic Paralyses
- Periodic Paralyses, Familial
- Familial Periodic Paralysis
- Periodic Paralysis, Familial
- Paralysis, Familial Periodic
Normokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Normokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Normokalemic Periodic Paralyses
- Paralyses, Normokalemic Periodic
- Paralysis, Normokalemic Periodic
- Periodic Paralyses, Normokalemic
- Periodic Paralysis, Normokalemic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Paralyses, Familial Periodic".
- Diseases [C]
- Musculoskeletal Diseases [C05]
- Muscular Diseases [C05.651]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C05.651.701]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Neuromuscular Diseases [C10.668]
- Muscular Diseases [C10.668.491]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C10.668.491.650]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Metal Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.618]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C16.320.565.618.711]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Metal Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.618]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C18.452.648.618.711]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Paralyses, Familial Periodic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Paralyses, Familial Periodic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Paralyses, Familial Periodic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.