"Receptors, Thrombin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A family of proteinase-activated receptors that are specific for THROMBIN. They are found primarily on PLATELETS and on ENDOTHELIAL CELLS. Activation of thrombin receptors occurs through the proteolytic action of THROMBIN, which cleaves the N-terminal peptide from the receptor to reveal a new N-terminal peptide that is a cryptic ligand for the receptor. The receptors signal through HETEROTRIMERIC GTP-BINDING PROTEINS. Small synthetic peptides that contain the unmasked N-terminal peptide sequence can also activate the receptor in the absence of proteolytic activity.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Thrombin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Glycoproteins [D12.776.395]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.395.550]
- Platelet Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.395.550.625]
- Receptors, Thrombin [D12.776.395.550.625.800]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Platelet Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550.625]
- Receptors, Thrombin [D12.776.543.550.625.800]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.100]
- Receptors, Thrombin [D12.776.543.750.100.875]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Thrombin [D12.776.543.750.750.850]
- Receptors, Proteinase-Activated [D12.776.543.750.792]
- Receptors, Thrombin [D12.776.543.750.792.500]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Thrombin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Thrombin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Thrombin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Thrombin" by people in Profiles.