"Mitochondrial Membranes" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The two lipoprotein layers in the MITOCHONDRION. The outer membrane encloses the entire mitochondrion and contains channels with TRANSPORT PROTEINS to move molecules and ions in and out of the organelle. The inner membrane folds into cristae and contains many ENZYMES important to cell METABOLISM and energy production (MITOCHONDRIAL ATP SYNTHASE).
- Mitochondrial Membranes
- Membrane, Mitochondrial
- Membranes, Mitochondrial
- Mitochondrial Membrane
Mitochondrial Membrane, Outer
- Mitochondrial Membrane, Outer
- Membrane, Outer Mitochondrial
- Membranes, Outer Mitochondrial
- Mitochondrial Membranes, Outer
- Outer Mitochondrial Membranes
- Outer Mitochondrial Membrane
Mitochondrial Membrane, Inner
- Mitochondrial Membrane, Inner
- Inner Mitochondrial Membranes
- Membrane, Inner Mitochondrial
- Membranes, Inner Mitochondrial
- Mitochondrial Membranes, Inner
- Inner Mitochondrial Membrane
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mitochondrial Membranes".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mitochondrial Membranes".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mitochondrial Membranes" by people in this website by year, and whether "Mitochondrial Membranes" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.