Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
"Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An autosomal dominant familial disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of skeletal muscle weakness associated with falls in serum potassium levels. The condition usually presents in the first or second decade of life with attacks of trunk and leg paresis during sleep or shortly after awakening. Symptoms may persist for hours to days and generally are precipitated by exercise or a meal high in carbohydrates. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1483)
|Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Periodic Paralysis, Hypokalemic
- Periodic Paralysis- Hypokalemic
- Periodic Paralysis Hypokalemic
- Periodic Paralysis- Hypokalemics
- Paralysis, Hypokalemic Periodic
- Primary Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Familial Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis, Familial
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis".
- Diseases [C]
- Musculoskeletal Diseases [C05]
- Muscular Diseases [C05.651]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C05.651.701]
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis [C05.651.701.450]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Neuromuscular Diseases [C10.668]
- Muscular Diseases [C10.668.491]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C10.668.491.650]
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis [C10.668.491.650.450]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Metal Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.618]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C16.320.565.618.711]
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis [C16.320.565.618.711.550]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Metal Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.618]
- Paralyses, Familial Periodic [C18.452.648.618.711]
- Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis [C18.452.648.618.711.550]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.