"Methimazole" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A thioureylene antithyroid agent that inhibits the formation of thyroid hormones by interfering with the incorporation of iodine into tyrosyl residues of thyroglobulin. This is done by interfering with the oxidation of iodide ion and iodotyrosyl groups through inhibition of the peroxidase enzyme.
- 1 Methyl 2 mercaptoimidazole
- Jones Brand of Methimazole
- Eli Lilly Brand of Methimazole
- Estedi Brand of Methimazole
- Nourypharma Brand of Methimazole
- Thiamazol Henning
- Henning, Thiamazol
- Sanofi Synthelabo Brand of Methimazole
- Henning Berlin Brand of Methimazole
- Merck Brand of Methimazole
- Temmler Brand of Methimazole
- Philopharm Brand of Methimazole
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Methimazole".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Methimazole".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Methimazole" by people in this website by year, and whether "Methimazole" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.