"alpha-MSH" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A 13-amino acid peptide derived from proteolytic cleavage of ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE, the N-terminal segment of ACTH. ACTH (1-13) is amidated at the C-terminal to form ACTH (1-13)NH2 which in turn is acetylated to form alpha-MSH in the secretory granules. Alpha-MSH stimulates the synthesis and distribution of MELANIN in MELANOCYTES in mammals and MELANOPHORES in lower vertebrates.
- alpha MSH
- MSH, alpha
- alpha Melanotropin
- Acetylated ACTH (1-13)NH2
- alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone
- Hormone, alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating
- alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
- ACTH (1-13)NH2
- MSH, (Desacetyl)alpha-
- Des-Acetyl MSH
- MSH, Des-Acetyl
- Desacetyl alpha-MSH
- Desacetyl alpha MSH
- alpha-MSH, Desacetyl
- Desacetyl alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone
- Desacetyl alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
- Hormone, Desacetyl alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating
- alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone, Desacetyl
- Adrenocorticotropin (1-13)NH2
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "alpha-MSH".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "alpha-MSH".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "alpha-MSH" by people in this website by year, and whether "alpha-MSH" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.