"Receptors, sigma" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A class of cell surface receptors recognized by its pharmacological profile. Sigma receptors were originally considered to be opioid receptors because they bind certain synthetic opioids. However they also interact with a variety of other psychoactive drugs, and their endogenous ligand is not known (although they can react to certain endogenous steroids). Sigma receptors are found in the immune, endocrine, and nervous systems, and in some peripheral tissues.
- Receptors, sigma
- sigma Receptors
- Receptors, sigma Opioid
- Opioid Receptors, sigma
- sigma Opioid Receptors
- Receptors, Opioid, sigma
- sigma Receptor
- Receptor, sigma
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, sigma".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.100]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.100.620]
- Receptors, sigma [D12.776.543.750.100.620.775]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.720.600.610]
- Receptors, sigma [D12.776.543.750.720.600.610.775]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.750.555.610]
- Receptors, sigma [D12.776.543.750.750.555.610.775]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, sigma".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, sigma" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, sigma" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.