"Testosterone" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A potent androgenic steroid and major product secreted by the LEYDIG CELLS of the TESTIS. Its production is stimulated by LUTEINIZING HORMONE from the PITUITARY GLAND. In turn, testosterone exerts feedback control of the pituitary LH and FSH secretion. Depending on the tissues, testosterone can be further converted to DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL.
- 17 beta Hydroxy 4 Androsten 3 one
- Dr. Kade Brand of Testosterone
- Hauck Brand of Testosterone
- Ulmer Brand of Testosterone
- Watson Brand of Testosterone
- Faulding Brand of Testosterone
- Paladin Brand of Testosterone
- AstraZeneca Brand of Testosterone
- CEPA Brand of Testosterone
- Ortho Brand of Testosterone
- Ferring Brand of Testosterone
- Pasadena Brand of Testosterone
- Bartor Brand of Testosterone
- Solvay Brand of Testosterone
- Unimed Brand of Testosterone
- Schering Brand of Testosterone
- 8 Isotestosterone
- 17-beta-Hydroxy-8 alpha-4-Androsten-3-one
- 17 beta Hydroxy 8 alpha 4 Androsten 3 one
- SmithKline Beecham Brand of Testosterone
- GlaxoSmithKline Brand of Testosterone
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. Brand of Testosterone
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Testosterone".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Testosterone".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Testosterone" by people in this website by year, and whether "Testosterone" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Testosterone" by people in Profiles.