Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex
"Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acute (or rarely chronic) inflammatory process of the brain caused by SIMPLEXVIRUS infections which may be fatal. The majority of infections are caused by human herpesvirus 1 (HERPESVIRUS 1, HUMAN) and less often by human herpesvirus 2 (HERPESVIRUS 2, HUMAN). Clinical manifestations include FEVER; HEADACHE; SEIZURES; HALLUCINATIONS; behavioral alterations; APHASIA; hemiparesis; and COMA. Pathologically, the condition is marked by a hemorrhagic necrosis involving the medial and inferior TEMPORAL LOBE and orbital regions of the FRONTAL LOBE. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp751-4)
|Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex
- Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex
- Encephalitides, Herpes Simplex
- Herpes Simplex Encephalitides
- Herpes Encephalitis
- Encephalitis, Herpes
- Herpetic Encephalitis
- Encephalitides, Herpetic
- Encephalitis, Herpetic
- Herpetic Encephalitides
- Herpes Simplex Encephalitis
Meningoencephalitis, Herpes Simplex Virus
- Meningoencephalitis, Herpes Simplex Virus
- Herpes Simplex Meningoencephalitis
- Herpes Simplex Meningoencephalitides
- Meningoencephalitides, Herpes Simplex
- Meningoencephalitis, Herpes Simplex
- Herpetic Meningoencephalitis
- Herpetic Meningoencephalitides
- Meningoencephalitides, Herpetic
- Meningoencephalitis, Herpetic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex" by people in this website by year, and whether "Encephalitis, Herpes Simplex" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.