"Elafin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A secretory proteinase inhibitory protein that was initially purified from human SKIN. It is found in a variety mucosal secretions and is present at high levels in SPUTUM. Elafin may play a role in the innate immunity (IMMUNITY, INNATE) response of the LUNG.
- Skin-Derived Antileukoproteinase
- Antileukoproteinase, Skin-Derived
- Skin Derived Antileukoproteinase
- Protease Inhibitor 3, Skin-derived
- Protease Inhibitor 3, Skin derived
- Protease Inhibitor WAP3
- Inhibitor WAP3, Protease
- Peptidase Inhibitor 3, Skin-derived
- Peptidase Inhibitor 3, Skin derived
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Elafin".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Elafin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Elafin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Elafin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.