"Sterol O-Acyltransferase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of cholesterol esters by the direct transfer of the fatty acid group from a fatty acyl CoA derivative. This enzyme has been found in the adrenal gland, gonads, liver, intestinal mucosa, and aorta of many mammalian species. EC 22.214.171.124.
- Sterol O-Acyltransferase
- O-Acyltransferase, Sterol
- Sterol O Acyltransferase
- Cholesterol Acyltransferase
- Acyltransferase, Cholesterol
- Acyl-CoA-Cholesterol Acyltransferase
- Acyl CoA Cholesterol Acyltransferase
- Acyltransferase, Acyl-CoA-Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Esterifying Enzyme
- Enzyme, Cholesterol Esterifying
- Esterifying Enzyme, Cholesterol
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Sterol O-Acyltransferase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Sterol O-Acyltransferase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Sterol O-Acyltransferase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Sterol O-Acyltransferase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.