"Porphyrias, Hepatic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of metabolic diseases due to deficiency of one of a number of LIVER enzymes in the biosynthetic pathway of HEME. They are characterized by the accumulation and increased excretion of PORPHYRINS or its precursors. Clinical features include neurological symptoms (PORPHYRIA, ACUTE INTERMITTENT), cutaneous lesions due to photosensitivity (PORPHYRIA CUTANEA TARDA), or both (HEREDITARY COPROPORPHYRIA). Hepatic porphyrias can be hereditary or acquired as a result of toxicity to the hepatic tissues.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Porphyrias, Hepatic".
- Diseases [C]
- Digestive System Diseases [C06]
- Liver Diseases [C06.552]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C06.552.830]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Porphyrias [C16.320.565.708]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C16.320.565.708.400]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C16.320.850]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C16.320.850.742]
- Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases [C17]
- Skin Diseases [C17.800]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C17.800.827]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C17.800.827.742]
- Skin Diseases, Metabolic [C17.800.849]
- Porphyrias [C17.800.849.617]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C17.800.849.617.400]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Porphyrias [C18.452.648.708]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C18.452.648.708.400]
- Porphyrias [C18.452.811]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C18.452.811.400]
- Skin Diseases, Metabolic [C18.452.880]
- Porphyrias [C18.452.880.617]
- Porphyrias, Hepatic [C18.452.880.617.400]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Porphyrias, Hepatic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Porphyrias, Hepatic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Porphyrias, Hepatic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.