Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein
"Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A ubiquitously expressed, secreted protein with bone resorption and renal calcium reabsorption activities that are similar to PARATHYROID HORMONE. It does not circulate in appreciable amounts in normal subjects, but rather exerts its biological actions locally. Overexpression of parathyroid hormone-related protein by tumor cells results in humoral calcemia of malignancy.
|Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein
- Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein
- Hormone-Related Protein, Parathyroid
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Protein
- Parathyroid Hormone-Like Protein
- Parathyroid Hormone Like Protein
- Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Peptide
- Tumor Hypercalcemic Factor
- Hypercalcemic Factor, Tumor
- Hypercalcemic Hormone of Malignancy
- PTH Like Tumor Factor
- PTH-Like Protein
- PTH Like Protein
- Parathyroid Hormone Like Tumor Factor
- PTH-Related Peptide
- PTH Related Peptide
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein" by people in this website by year, and whether "Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein" by people in Profiles.