"Epilepsy, Generalized" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Recurrent conditions characterized by epileptic seizures which arise diffusely and simultaneously from both hemispheres of the brain. Classification is generally based upon motor manifestations of the seizure (e.g., convulsive, nonconvulsive, akinetic, atonic, etc.) or etiology (e.g., idiopathic, cryptogenic, and symptomatic). (From Mayo Clin Proc, 1996 Apr;71(4):405-14)
- Epilepsy, Generalized
- Epilepsies, Generalized
- Generalized Epilepsies
- Generalized Epilepsy
- Seizure Disorder, Generalized
- Generalized Seizure Disorder
- Generalized Seizure Disorders
- Seizure Disorders, Generalized
- Epilepsy, Akinetic
- Akinetic Epilepsies
- Akinetic Epilepsy
- Epilepsies, Akinetic
- Epilepsy, Tonic
- Epilepsies, Tonic
- Tonic Epilepsies
- Tonic Epilepsy
Generalized Nonconvulsive Seizure Disorder
- Generalized Nonconvulsive Seizure Disorder
- Generalized Seizure Disorder, Nonconvulsive
- Seizure Disorder, Nonconvulsive Generalized
- Nonconvulsive Seizure Disorder, Generalized
- Seizure Disorder, Generalized Nonconvulsive
- Generalized Nonconvulsive Epilepsy
- Epilepsy, Generalized Nonconvulsive
- Nonconvulsive Epilepsy, Generalized
- Nonconvulsive Generalized Seizure Disorder
Convulsive Generalized Seizure Disorder
- Convulsive Generalized Seizure Disorder
- Generalized Convulsive Epilepsy
- Convulsive Epilepsies, Generalized
- Convulsive Epilepsy, Generalized
- Epilepsies, Generalized Convulsive
- Epilepsy, Generalized Convulsive
- Generalized Convulsive Epilepsies
- Generalized Onset Seizure Disorder
- Seizure Disorder, Convulsive, Generalized
- Seizure Disorder, Generalized Onset
- Seizure Disorder, Generalized, Convulsive
- Convulsive Seizure Disorder, Generalized
- Generalized Seizure Disorder, Convulsive
- Epilepsy, Atonic
- Atonic Epilepsies
- Atonic Epilepsy
- Epilepsies, Atonic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Epilepsy, Generalized".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Epilepsy, Generalized".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Epilepsy, Generalized" by people in this website by year, and whether "Epilepsy, Generalized" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Epilepsy, Generalized" by people in Profiles.