"Syphilis, Cutaneous" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cutaneous lesions arising from infection with Treponema pallidum. In the primary stage, 18-21 days following infection, one or more chancres appear. If untreated, the subsequent stages of the disease appear as syphilids. These eruptions are superficial, nondestructive, exanthematic, transient, macular roseolas that may later be maculopapular or papular polymorphous or scaly, pustular, pigmented eruptions.(Arnold, Odom, and James, Andrew's Diseases of the Skin, 8th ed, p409)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Syphilis, Cutaneous".
- Diseases [C]
- Bacterial Infections and Mycoses [C01]
- Bacterial Infections [C01.252]
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections [C01.252.400]
- Treponemal Infections [C01.252.400.840]
- Syphilis [C01.252.400.840.744]
- Syphilis, Cutaneous [C01.252.400.840.744.800]
- Skin Diseases, Bacterial [C01.252.825]
- Syphilis, Cutaneous [C01.252.825.790]
- Spirochaetales Infections [C01.252.847]
- Treponemal Infections [C01.252.847.840]
- Syphilis [C01.252.847.840.744]
- Syphilis, Cutaneous [C01.252.847.840.744.800]
- Infection [C01.539]
- Skin Diseases, Infectious [C01.539.800]
- Skin Diseases, Bacterial [C01.539.800.720]
- Syphilis, Cutaneous [C01.539.800.720.790]
- Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases [C17]
- Skin Diseases [C17.800]
- Skin Diseases, Infectious [C17.800.838]
- Skin Diseases, Bacterial [C17.800.838.765]
- Syphilis, Cutaneous [C17.800.838.765.790]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Syphilis, Cutaneous".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Syphilis, Cutaneous" by people in this website by year, and whether "Syphilis, Cutaneous" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Syphilis, Cutaneous" by people in Profiles.