"Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Vitreoretinal membrane shrinkage or contraction secondary to the proliferation of primarily retinal pigment epithelial cells and glial cells, particularly fibrous astrocytes, followed by membrane formation. The formation of fibrillar collagen and cellular proliferation appear to be the basis for the contractile properties of the epiretinal and vitreous membranes.
- Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathies
- Vitreoretinopathies, Proliferative
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy
- Vitreoretinopathy Neovascular Inflammatory
- Inflammatories, Vitreoretinopathy Neovascular
- Inflammatory, Vitreoretinopathy Neovascular
- Neovascular Inflammatories, Vitreoretinopathy
- Neovascular Inflammatory, Vitreoretinopathy
- Vitreoretinopathy Neovascular Inflammatories
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative" by people in this website by year, and whether "Vitreoretinopathy, Proliferative" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.