"Podophyllotoxin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A lignan (LIGNANS) found in PODOPHYLLIN resin from the roots of PODOPHYLLUM plants. It is a potent spindle poison, toxic if taken internally, and has been used as a cathartic. It is very irritating to skin and mucous membranes, has keratolytic actions, has been used to treat warts and keratoses, and may have antineoplastic properties, as do some of its congeners and derivatives.
- Wolff Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Oclassen Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Paddock Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Stiefel Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Fides Ecopharma Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Paladin Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Yamanouchi Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Hamilton Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Newport Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Ardern Brand of Podophyllotoxin
- Canderm Brand of Podophyllotoxin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Podophyllotoxin".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Podophyllotoxin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Podophyllotoxin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Podophyllotoxin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.