"Receptors, Prolactin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Labile proteins on or in prolactin-sensitive cells that bind prolactin initiating the cells' physiological response to that hormone. Mammary casein synthesis is one of the responses. The receptors are also found in placenta, liver, testes, kidneys, ovaries, and other organs and bind and respond to certain other hormones and their analogs and antagonists. This receptor is related to the growth hormone receptor.
- Receptors, Prolactin
- Prolactin Receptors
- Receptors, PRL
- PRL Receptors
- Prolactin Receptor
- Receptor, Prolactin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Prolactin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Prolactin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.710]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Prolactin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.710]
- Receptors, Pituitary Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.660]
- Receptors, Gonadotropin [D12.776.543.750.750.660.350]
- Receptors, Prolactin [D12.776.543.750.750.660.350.725]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Prolactin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Prolactin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Prolactin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.