"Buprenorphine" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A derivative of the opioid alkaloid THEBAINE that is a more potent and longer lasting analgesic than MORPHINE. It appears to act as a partial agonist at mu and kappa opioid receptors and as an antagonist at delta receptors. The lack of delta-agonist activity has been suggested to account for the observation that buprenorphine tolerance may not develop with chronic use.
- Essex Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Grünenthal Brand of Buprenorphine
- Buprenorphine Grünenthal Brand
- Grünenthal Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Reckitt Benckiser Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Reckitt Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Schering-Plough Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Schering Plough Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Reckitt & Colman Brand 2 of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Key Brand of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- 6029 M
- RX 6029 M
- Reckitt & Colman Brand 1 of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Buprenorphine".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Buprenorphine".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Buprenorphine" by people in this website by year, and whether "Buprenorphine" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Buprenorphine" by people in Profiles.