"beta-Thalassemia" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A disorder characterized by reduced synthesis of the beta chains of hemoglobin. There is retardation of hemoglobin A synthesis in the heterozygous form (thalassemia minor), which is asymptomatic, while in the homozygous form (thalassemia major, Cooley's anemia, Mediterranean anemia, erythroblastic anemia), which can result in severe complications and even death, hemoglobin A synthesis is absent.
- Thalassemia Intermedia
- Intermedia, Thalassemia
- Intermedias, Thalassemia
- Thalassemia Intermedias
- Thalassemia Minor
- Thalassemia Minor (beta-Thalassemia Minor)
- Minor, Thalassemia (beta-Thalassemia Minor)
- Minors, Thalassemia (beta-Thalassemia Minor)
- Thalassemia Minor (beta Thalassemia Minor)
- Thalassemia Minors (beta-Thalassemia Minor)
- Thalassemia Major
- Thalassemia Major (beta-Thalassemia Major)
- Major, Thalassemia (beta-Thalassemia Major)
- Majors, Thalassemia (beta-Thalassemia Major)
- Thalassemia Major (beta Thalassemia Major)
- Thalassemia Majors (beta-Thalassemia Major)
- Anemia, Mediterranean
- Mediterranean Anemia
- Anemia, Cooley's
- Anemia, Cooley
- Anemia, Cooleys
- Cooley's Anemia
- Anemia, Erythroblastic
- Anemias, Erythroblastic
- Erythroblastic Anemia
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "beta-Thalassemia".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "beta-Thalassemia".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "beta-Thalassemia" by people in this website by year, and whether "beta-Thalassemia" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.