Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic
"Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A major group of unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbons containing two or more rings. The vast number of compounds of this important group, derived chiefly from petroleum and coal tar, are rather highly reactive and chemically versatile. The name is due to the strong and not unpleasant odor characteristic of most substances of this nature. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed, p96)
|Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic
- Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic
- Aromatic Polycyclic Hydrocarbons
- Hydrocarbons, Aromatic Polycyclic
- Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Polynuclear
- Hydrocarbons, Polynuclear Aromatic
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Polycyclic
- Hydrocarbons, Polycyclic Aromatic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.