"Pentamidine" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Antiprotozoal agent effective in trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis, and some fungal infections; used in treatment of PNEUMOCYSTIS pneumonia in HIV-infected patients. It may cause diabetes mellitus, central nervous system damage, and other toxic effects.
- American Pharmaceutical Partners Brand 2 of Pentamidine Isethionate
- American Pharmaceutical Partners Brand 1 of Pentamidine Isethionate
- Sicor Brand of Pentamidine Isethionate
- JHC Brand of Pentamidine Isethionate
- Rhône-Poulenc Rorer Brand of Pentamidine Isethionate
- Aventis Brand of Pentamidine Isethionate
- GlaxoSmithKline Brand of Pentamidine Isethionate
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Pentamidine".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Pentamidine".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Pentamidine" by people in this website by year, and whether "Pentamidine" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.