"DNA, Satellite" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Highly repetitive DNA sequences found in HETEROCHROMATIN, mainly near centromeres. They are composed of simple sequences (very short) (see MINISATELLITE REPEATS) repeated in tandem many times to form large blocks of sequence. Additionally, following the accumulation of mutations, these blocks of repeats have been repeated in tandem themselves. The degree of repetition is on the order of 1000 to 10 million at each locus. Loci are few, usually one or two per chromosome. They were called satellites since in density gradients, they often sediment as distinct, satellite bands separate from the bulk of genomic DNA owing to a distinct BASE COMPOSITION.
- DNA, Satellite
- Satellite DNA
- DNAs, Satellite
- Satellite DNAs
Satellite I DNA
- Satellite I DNA
- DNA, Satellite I
- DNAs, Satellite I
- I DNA, Satellite
- I DNAs, Satellite
- Satellite I DNAs
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "DNA, Satellite".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Nucleic Acids, Nucleotides, and Nucleosides [D13]
- Nucleic Acids [D13.444]
- DNA [D13.444.308]
- DNA, Satellite [D13.444.308.480]
- Biological Sciences [G]
- Chemical Phenomena [G02]
- Biochemical Phenomena [G02.111]
- Molecular Structure [G02.111.570]
- Base Sequence [G02.111.570.080]
- Repetitive Sequences, Nucleic Acid [G02.111.570.080.708]
- Tandem Repeat Sequences [G02.111.570.080.708.800]
- DNA, Satellite [G02.111.570.080.708.800.150]
- Genetic Phenomena [G05]
- Genetic Structures [G05.360]
- Base Sequence [G05.360.080]
- Repetitive Sequences, Nucleic Acid [G05.360.080.708]
- Tandem Repeat Sequences [G05.360.080.708.800]
- DNA, Satellite [G05.360.080.708.800.150]
- Genome [G05.360.340]
- Genome Components [G05.360.340.024]
- DNA, Intergenic [G05.360.340.024.220]
- DNA, Satellite [G05.360.340.024.220.150]
- Tandem Repeat Sequences [G05.360.340.024.850]
- DNA, Satellite [G05.360.340.024.850.150]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "DNA, Satellite".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "DNA, Satellite" by people in this website by year, and whether "DNA, Satellite" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.