Ovarian Failure, Premature
"Ovarian Failure, Premature" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cessation of ovarian function after MENARCHE but before the age of 40, without or with OVARIAN FOLLICLE depletion. It is characterized by the presence of OLIGOMENORRHEA or AMENORRHEA, elevated GONADOTROPINS, and low ESTRADIOL levels. It is a state of female HYPERGONADOTROPIC HYPOGONADISM. Etiologies include genetic defects, autoimmune processes, chemotherapy, radiation, and infections.
|Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Insufficiencies, Primary Ovarian
- Insufficiency, Primary Ovarian
- Ovarian Insufficiencies, Primary
- Ovarian Insufficiency, Primary
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiencies
- Ovarian Failure, Premature
- Ovarian Failures, Premature
- Premature Ovarian Failures
- Premature Ovarian Failure
Gonadotropin-Resistant Ovary Syndrome
- Gonadotropin-Resistant Ovary Syndrome
- Gonadotropin Resistant Ovary Syndrome
- Gonadotropin-Resistant Ovary Syndromes
- Ovary Syndrome, Gonadotropin-Resistant
- Ovary Syndromes, Gonadotropin-Resistant
- Resistant Ovary Syndrome
- Resistant Ovary Syndromes
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ovarian Failure, Premature".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ovarian Failure, Premature".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ovarian Failure, Premature" by people in this website by year, and whether "Ovarian Failure, Premature" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.