"Absorptiometry, Photon" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A noninvasive method for assessing BODY COMPOSITION. It is based on the differential absorption of X-RAYS (or GAMMA RAYS) by different tissues such as bone, fat and other soft tissues. The source of (X-ray or gamma-ray) photon beam is generated either from radioisotopes such as GADOLINIUM 153, IODINE 125, or Americanium 241 which emit GAMMA RAYS in the appropriate range; or from an X-ray tube which produces X-RAYS in the desired range. It is primarily used for quantitating BONE MINERAL CONTENT, especially for the diagnosis of OSTEOPOROSIS, and also in measuring BONE MINERALIZATION.
- Densitometry, X-Ray
- Densitometry, X Ray
- X-Ray Densitometry
- Photodensitometry, X-Ray
- Photodensitometry, X Ray
- X-Ray Photodensitometry
- X Ray Photodensitometry
- Densitometry, Xray
- Xray Densitometry
Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry Scan
- Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry Scan
- Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan
- DXA Scan
- DXA Scans
- Scan, DXA
- Scans, DXA
- DEXA Scan
- DEXA Scans
- Scan, DEXA
- Scans, DEXA
Radiographic Absorptiometry, Dual-Energy
- Radiographic Absorptiometry, Dual-Energy
- Radiographic Absorptiometry, Dual Energy
- Dual-Energy Radiographic Absorptiometry
- Dual Energy Radiographic Absorptiometry
- Absorptiometry, Dual-Energy Radiographic
- Absorptiometry, Dual Energy Radiographic
Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry
- X-Ray Absorptiometry, Dual-Energy
- X Ray Absorptiometry, Dual Energy
- DPX Absorptiometry
- Absorptiometries, DPX
- Absorptiometry, DPX
- Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Dual X Ray Absorptiometry
- Absorptiometry, Dual X-Ray
- Absorptiometry, Dual X Ray
- X-Ray Absorptiometry, Dual
- Absorptiometry, Dual-Energy X-Ray
- Absorptiometry, Dual Energy X Ray
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Absorptiometry, Photon".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Absorptiometry, Photon".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Absorptiometry, Photon" by people in this website by year, and whether "Absorptiometry, Photon" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Absorptiometry, Photon" by people in Profiles.