"Medicine, Unani" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A modified Greco-Arabic medical system flourishing today as unani medicine. It was the product of Arab physicians and scholars captivated by Greek philosophy, science, and medicine. It is practiced today in India and Pakistan, largely as a type of herbal medicine. (From Magner, A History of Medicine, 1992, p136)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Medicine, Unani".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Therapeutics [E02]
- Complementary Therapies [E02.190]
- Medicine, Traditional [E02.190.488]
- Medicine, Arabic [E02.190.488.510]
- Medicine, Unani [E02.190.488.510.500]
- Anthropology, Education, Sociology and Social Phenomena [I]
- Social Sciences [I01]
- Anthropology [I01.076]
- Anthropology, Cultural [I01.076.201]
- Culture [I01.076.201.450]
- Medicine, Traditional [I01.076.201.450.654]
- Medicine, Arabic [I01.076.201.450.654.510]
- Medicine, Unani [I01.076.201.450.654.510.500]
- Medicine, Unani [I01.076.201.450.654.745]
- Humanities [K]
- Humanities [K01]
- History [K01.400]
- History of Medicine [K01.400.552]
- Medicine, Arabic [K01.400.552.643]
- Medicine, Unani [K01.400.552.643.500]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Medicine, Unani".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Medicine, Unani" by people in this website by year, and whether "Medicine, Unani" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.