Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System
"Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Neurologic disorders associated with exposure to inorganic and organic forms of MERCURY. Acute intoxication may be associated with gastrointestinal disturbances, mental status changes, and PARAPARESIS. Chronic exposure to inorganic mercury usually occurs in industrial workers, and manifests as mental confusion, prominent behavioral changes (including psychosis), DYSKINESIAS, and NEURITIS. Alkyl mercury poisoning may occur through ingestion of contaminated seafood or grain, and its characteristic features include POLYNEUROPATHY; ATAXIA; vision loss; NYSTAGMUS, PATHOLOGIC; and DEAFNESS. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1997, Ch20, pp10-15)
|Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System
- Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System
- Mercurialism, Neurologic
- Neurologic Mercurialism
- Mercury Poisoning, Neurologic
- Neurologic Mercury Poisoning
- Poisoning, Neurologic Mercury
- Poisoning, Mercury, Neurologic
- Nervous System Diseases, Mercury-Induced
- Nervous System Diseases, Mercury Induced
- Nervous System Poisoning, Mercury
- Neurotoxicity Syndrome, Mercury
- Mercury Neurotoxicity Syndrome
- Mercury Neurotoxicity Syndromes
- Neurotoxicity Syndromes, Mercury
- Syndrome, Mercury Neurotoxicity
- Syndromes, Mercury Neurotoxicity
- Poisoning, Mercury, Nervous System
- Mercurialism, Nervous System
- Nervous System Mercurialism
- System Mercurialism, Nervous
- Mercury-Induced Nervous System Diseases
- Mercury Induced Nervous System Diseases
Mad Hatter Disease
- Mad Hatter Disease
- Mad Hatter Diseases
- Mad Hatter's Disease
- Mad Hatters Disease
- Mercury Psychosis
- Psychosis, Mercury
- Mercurial Psychosis
- Psychosis, Mercurial
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System" by people in this website by year, and whether "Mercury Poisoning, Nervous System" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.