"Receptors, Galanin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A family of G-protein-coupled receptors that are specific for GALANIN and galanin peptides. They are generally considered to be coupled to the GI, INHIBITORY G-PROTEIN to meditate the neurological effects of galanin. Several subtypes of galanin receptors occur with differing specificities for the full length galanin, galanin peptide fragments, and galanin-like peptide.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Galanin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.100]
- Receptors, Galanin [D12.776.543.750.100.315]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Galanin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.410]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Galanin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.410]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Galanin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Galanin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Galanin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.