"gamma-MSH" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An 11-amino acid peptide derived from the N-terminal fragment of pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC). Gamma-MSH stimulates adrenal steroidogenesis and has an regulatory role in the cardiovascular and the renal systems.
- gamma MSH
- MSH, gamma
- gamma Melanotropin
- gamma-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone
- gamma Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
- Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone, gamma
- Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone, gamma
- gamma Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone
N-Terminal Peptide of POMC (NPP)
- N-Terminal Peptide of POMC (NPP)
- Pro gamma MSH
- gamma-Melanotropin Precursor
- gamma Melanotropin Precursor
- Pro gamma Melanotropin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "gamma-MSH".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "gamma-MSH".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "gamma-MSH" by people in this website by year, and whether "gamma-MSH" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.