Ocular Motility Disorders
"Ocular Motility Disorders" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Disorders that feature impairment of eye movements as a primary manifestation of disease. These conditions may be divided into infranuclear, nuclear, and supranuclear disorders. Diseases of the eye muscles or oculomotor cranial nerves (III, IV, and VI) are considered infranuclear. Nuclear disorders are caused by disease of the oculomotor, trochlear, or abducens nuclei in the BRAIN STEM. Supranuclear disorders are produced by dysfunction of higher order sensory and motor systems that control eye movements, including neural networks in the CEREBRAL CORTEX; BASAL GANGLIA; CEREBELLUM; and BRAIN STEM. Ocular torticollis refers to a head tilt that is caused by an ocular misalignment. Opsoclonus refers to rapid, conjugate oscillations of the eyes in multiple directions, which may occur as a parainfectious or paraneoplastic condition (e.g., OPSOCLONUS-MYOCLONUS SYNDROME). (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p240)
|Ocular Motility Disorders
- Ocular Motility Disorders
- Ocular Motility Disorder
- Eye Movement Disorders
- Eye Movement Disorder
- Eye Motility Disorders
- Eye Motility Disorder
- Convergence Insufficiency
- Convergence Insufficiencies
- Insufficiencies, Convergence
- Insufficiency, Convergence
- Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia
- Internuclear Ophthalmoplegias
- Ophthalmoplegia, Internuclear
- Ophthalmoplegias, Internuclear
- Parinaud Syndrome
- Syndrome, Parinaud
- Parinaud's Syndrome
- Parinauds Syndrome
- Syndrome, Parinaud's
Paroxysmal Ocular Dyskinesia
- Paroxysmal Ocular Dyskinesia
- Dyskinesia, Paroxysmal Ocular
- Dyskinesias, Paroxysmal Ocular
- Ocular Dyskinesia, Paroxysmal
- Ocular Dyskinesias, Paroxysmal
- Paroxysmal Ocular Dyskinesias
- Skew Deviation
- Deviation, Skew
- Deviations, Skew
- Skew Deviations
Smooth Pursuit Deficiency
- Smooth Pursuit Deficiency
- Deficiencies, Smooth Pursuit
- Pursuit Deficiencies, Smooth
- Pursuit Deficiency, Smooth
- Smooth Pursuit Deficiencies
- Deficiency, Smooth Pursuit
Brown Tendon Sheath Syndrome
- Brown Tendon Sheath Syndrome
- Syndrome, Brown's Tendon Sheath
- Tendon Sheath Syndrome of Brown
- Brown's Tendon Sheath Syndrome
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ocular Motility Disorders".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ocular Motility Disorders".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ocular Motility Disorders" by people in this website by year, and whether "Ocular Motility Disorders" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Ocular Motility Disorders" by people in Profiles.